Get Certified to Become an Instructor for CPR/AED/FirstAid Courses
Instructor Certification Prerequisites
To participate in the First Aid/CPR/AED instructor course candidates must be at least 16 years old and possess current American Red Cross First Aid CPR and/or AED certifications or the equivalent. At the end of the course candidates will be thoroughly familiar with the program materials and be able to:
- Exhibit the characteristics required of an American Red Cross representative and role model & conduct courses in a manner that helps participants stay engaged in the learning process.
- Perform applicable first aid CPR and AED skills at an appropriate skill level.
- Ensure participants’ health and safety during training.
- Maintain complete and accurate records and reports
- Plan organize and conduct the First Aid CPR & AED courses in accordance with the requirements of the specific class they will be teaching.
- Monitor participants’ practice and provide corrective feedback and encouragement that is consistent with the skill chart.
- Recognize that the requirements in the skill assessment tool are criteria for ascertaining the proficiency of a participant’s performance